This quiz is an abbreviation of the full CLINQOL Scale (Citation: Jones & Drummond, 2022).
Quality of Life and Well-Being Interview 6 – Mental health and leisure
Dr Jones answers questions on Quality of Life and Leisure
- What benefit does taking the time for leisure have on our mental health?
- What are some of the benefits around individual and group leisure activities respectively?
- Conversely, are there any psychological problems that can arise in indulging only in leisure?
- What is your advice around discerning how much is an appropriate amount of time to spend on recreation?
- It can be easy to fall into a trap of indulging ONLY in leisurely activity in the face of tasks that may be boring or anxiety inducing but, ultimately, need to be done. How can we negotiate the will to knuckle down over ignoring a task and indulging only in recreation?